Sunday, February 1, 2009

Vintage Versace



This was one of the very first Editorials I ever shot, for a now long gone Magazine called " Mirabella".
I was still in school back then and I loved that Versace Dress that the Stylist handed me.
The Dress had just been shown on the Milan Catwalk for Fashion Week a couple of days before and we were the first Crew to shoot it.
I remember clearly that we had to rush to take the Picture since it was being picked up by a courier to be sent to a back-then little known Singer called Jennifer Lopez to be worn for the Grammy Awards.
We had 15 minutes.
Nobody on the shoot really knew who she was back in the year 2000.
But after she wore this dress, with the dangerously low neckline, she appeared in all the Frontpages of Newspapers all over the World and a Star was born.
But I wore it first.... :)

No comments: