Saturday, January 31, 2009

Me and Hugh Grant for Vanity Fair by Annie Leibovitz 2003



I remember when my London Agency called to tell me I got a booking for a Vanity Fair Editorial, shot by Annie Leibovitz with Hugh Grant, i could barely contain myself. I knew that I was only being shot like a 'Prop', but I didn't care.
When I arrived at the Savoy Hotel in London where the Shoot was taking place, the Production Manager sent me to the Room where they were doing Hair and Make-up.
But she made a mistake and I ended walking into the wrong Room and Hugh Grant was lying on a Bed in Boxer shorts, reading the Times Newspaper and grinning at me.
I didn't know what to say, but it was a comedy classic moment, but I was delighted and grinned straight back at him. He said: " Hair and Make-up is over there, just walk through that door."
Once everybody was on Set, ready to take the Picture, Mr. Grant just disappeared under the Table, 3 min. later the Picture was done.
Ms. Leibovitz shots very fast and gives precise Directions, everybody that day was so professional, it was just a Pleasure.
We shot a few more, but they didn't get published.
But I am happy with what I got, a great Moment in my Modelling History.

1 comment:

demoness said...

Wow...how lucky! I love that photo of you and Hugh too.