Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diamonds before Lunchtime


Today I did a Charity Fashion Show for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Americas 17th Annual Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon. The Event was sponsored by Bergdorf Goodman and the Designers featured were Andrew Gn, CD Greene, Dior, J.Mendel, Jason Wu, Kaufman Franco, Naeem Kahn, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino and the Jewelery was by Lorraine Schwartz. The Jewelry was out of this world...! Just before the show started I couldn't help myself but to reach for my camera and make a mad dash to get a few shots of my fellow models in all their finery. It was so much fun and I donated my modelling fee for the god cause.
Me in the most exquisite Emerald and Diamond Earings... I look really happy. Half an hour later, I was back in the Subway in the old jeans and t-shirt. The life of a model can be quite strange sometimes.













5 comments:

little augury said...

those are shockingly gorgeous-so is that nude and silver dress! pgt

Reggie Darling said...

What a fun post! I was amazed at the quantities of pretty dresses, jewelry, and shoes that the stylists arrived with at Darlington House when we had a fashion shoot at our house.

I agree with LA, the "nude" and silver dress was beyond lovely...

And, of course -- you look stunning!

Ulla said...

Dear Reggie, dear LA.
That dress was a Valentino. Close up even more amazing. There must have been about 150 dresses, same amount of shoes and millions o dollars worth of bling.
I was just dazzled.
Especially by the transformation of us models... the magic of a good heel, a well-fitting dress and hair and make-up. it can turn any woman into a swan.
Leaving the show was funny.. all the models glammed up over the neck, below dirty jeans and old sneakers.
Suddenly it looked a little bizarr, all the girls standing outside in the glaring sunlight, hailing cabs and scrambling for their subway passes.

little augury said...

Ulla, Can Not wait to see what you will be wearing! Do post pictures, or let me. YEs these girls look pretty fab., but you are much prettier without the makeup-a true compliment, and how lucky are you!.enjoy. pgt

Belle de Ville said...

Not only were the gowns beautiful, the jewelry was exquisite.