Friday, June 26, 2009

Candida Höfer

German Artist Candida Höfer is the female counterpart to Thomas Struth for me. Whenever I look at her Artwork, I get drawn in and a little melancholia sets in. I just forget everything around myself. It is similar to the feeling when you walk down the street and you see the most attractive person passing you and you feeling paralyzed and a little sad because you'll never know who that person was. That's what I feel when I look at Candida Höfer's Artwork, it is so close yet completely out of reach.
Sublime.

Candida Höfer
Neues Museum Weimar II
2006
Candida Höfer
Casa Rosada Buenos Aires XI (CH-412)
2006
Candida Höfer
Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Copenhagen II
2002
Candida Höfer
Weimar, Goethe-Nationalmuseum Weimar II 2006
Candida Höfer
Trinity College Library, Dublin
209
Candida Höfer
Museo Archeologico Nazionale Venezia II, 2003
C-print. 184.2 x 154.9 cm. (72 1/2 x 61 in).

No comments: